Sunday, March 2, 2008

Out pops a new Boo!

About three months after Kyle's brother Kelsey was born (Kyle would have been right around 3 years old) she got curious about how babies were born and asked me the dreaded but inevitable question about how babies are made. "Mom," she asked me, "How was Boo Bear made?" (Boo Bear was Kelsey's nick name.) I tried to answer her honestly but with information that was age appropriate, you know, answer the question but don't give details a 2 year old isn't ready to understand. I explained to Kyle that Mommy has an egg and Daddy has a sperm and when the sperm and egg come together, a baby is created.

Later on in the day I was in the kitchen whipping up something for dinner and Boo Bear was taking a nap. Kyle was merrily playing with the pots and pans and bowls and utensils from the lower cupboards along side of me. As I'm cooking away (yes, I used to cook on occasion) I heard her talking to herself as she is stirring an imaginary concoction in a mixing bowl "Put in a sperm, put in an egg. Out pops a new Boo!"

Aaah. From the mouths of babes!!

1 comment:

Joy Hoeppner said...

Hilarious blog, Rita Mama!