Monday, March 24, 2008

Another puddle drama

I attended a Catholic elementary school. That fact is really inconsequential to this story but yet somehow in my mind it is so much a part of it. I can still see the blue plaid pleated skirts and white blouses and navy blue sweaters that we had to wear. The school was within walking distance of my house, maybe 6 to 8 blocks from it. Anyway, I had a good friend named Christie Hinkley and we'd often walk home from school together.

The day was early in spring. After a long Michigan winter we couldn't help but be happy and full of energy. I can't remember what in the heck we were talking about as we meandered home but I must have said something really funny that made Christie start to laugh. She begged me to stop it, because she had to go to the bathroom really bad and she said I was going to make her pee her pants.

Well, what kind of a reaction do you think I had to that comment? Of course I just continued on with whatever it was that was so funny . . . . .and lo and behold, within just a few houses of her own, Christie Hinkley lost it and peed her pants right out on the public side walk. We were laughing hysterically by that time. I apologized but of course I didn't mean it. I thought it was a riot and I even think she thought it was funny too!!

Is it a coincidence that Hinkley rhymes with tinkley? Has anyone ever made you pee your pants? Or visa versa, have you ever made anyone pee theirs?

3 comments:

Mamacita Chilena said...

I was going to ask if it was coincidence that Hinkley rhymes with Brinkley. Are you trying to cover up the fact that you're friends with a famous supermodel?

Joy Hoeppner said...

I forgot to write this when I first read these stories, so here it is. I just want to say that I can only hold my pee through waves 3 or 4, maybe 5 if I'm lucky (waves being when you gotta go, but you hold it until it comes back worse as wave 2, and so on). One day, I was doing a shift serving tables and I hadn't gone throughout the whole 5 hour shift! So I'm getting ready to go home, and I decide that I can still hold it, because I'd always rather use my own pot! So I get home, and it just so happened that my keys would get stuck in the locks of my new house, and by the time I get to the door, I'm in such dire circumstances that I'm trying to tie my legs in knots while unlocking my door! So low and behold, my key gets stuck in the lock and I can't hold it any more, and there is my puddle, just outside my own front door! It was so ridiculous that I had to call my friends from work to tell them what happened. Needless to say, I had to change my pants.

Ritamae said...

eviljoy,

If I had been with you on the ride home I would have been trying to say something funny to make you lose before then. I'm surprised you made it as far / long as you did. How humbling (and hilarious)!!