Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mother's Day

Every day is children's day but Mother's Day only rolls around once a year.

I love my kids dearly. They are very special to my heart. I'm sure there are many other mother's around the world who could report similar stories.

This is the typical Mother's Day story about being served breakfast in bed.

One Mother's Day I had just gotten out of bed when my kids ushered me back to the bed and instructed me to wait there. I obediently went back to the bed where my brain began to churn through all of the things I should be doing; throw the load of wash in, do the dirty dishes from the night before, fold a load of wash, scrub the bathtub and toilet etc. etc. and in the mean time yearning for my morning cup of coffee. You can only imagine how hard it was to stay in the bed wide awake waiting.

True to your expectations, about a half hour later my two children appeared back at my bedside to serve me breakfast in bed. It looked delicious!! Two burnt pieces of toast accompanied by a side of very scrambled eggs. The eggs looked totally wierd, they were in pieces, like in teensy eensy little balled up balls.

Come to find out, the kids didn't think they were cooking properly and not really knowing how in the world to prepare scrambled eggs, my son had the bright idea of adding more oil to the pan!!! So, if you ever want to know how to make scrambled eggs ball up into little bally balls, just add oil!!

Mmmmmm. Delicious Max! That was certainly one of the best Mother's Days ever. Always remember, it's the thought that counts.

2 comments:

Mamacita Chilena said...

But we tried so hard!!!!!!!!!!! I vividly remember that Mother's Day. We were really excited about what we were doing!

And I'm sure you enjoyed choking them down :)

Rachel said...

I don't know how I am going to handle that...I am so picky about my food. I am a gagger. But it is soooo sweet! I love that they worked together like that too.