Monday, March 3, 2008

Do you ever trick yourself?

Again, back in the day of having to dress up for work, I found a pair of pumps that were relatively inexpensive and comfortable. I bought one pair in black and one pair in blue. In the dim morning light at the bottom of my closet it was hard to tell which pair was which and God forbid I would never want to make the mistake of wearing one blue and one black by accident. So I thought I would help myself out and code the shoes so I would know which was which at a glance in the morning. So I grabbed a permanent marker and on the inside each shoe of the black pair I inscribed a capital "B" for Black. Given that blue and black start with the same letter, I picked up the blue pair and wrote "N" for Navy Blue in each shoe.

Much to my dismay a week later when I went to grab a pair of shoes in the morning (I'm not even sure which color I was looking for) I stared completely dumb founded. For the life of me I could not figure out if "B" was for black or blue and what the heck did "Z" stand for?????

2 comments:

Joy Hoeppner said...

This story made me laugh so hard, and reminded me so much of the funny things Kyle used to say at the dorms when she was confused! :)

Fned said...

ahahaha! Now I can help with that one. I take digital pics of my shoes and then print them and tape them to the shoe box. That way I always know where each pair is (my problem is I never can find the pair of shoes I'm looking for in the morning).... In this case I would have written on B-L-U-E or B-L-A-C-K on the shoebox as well... :D

Fned.

P.S. My mom also has that counting rice website link on her blog... it is so incredibly addicive!!!!!