Monday, July 21, 2008

Telling on myself

Do you ever have one of those moments where you wish you had a chance for a "do over?" In all honesty though, I guess this is a moment I would rather not do over because otherwise I wouldn't be providing my readers or myself for that matter with such a good laugh.

It went like this. I was at my Kung Fu class and during a small break I was talking to one of the younger male students (age around 24ish.) He was telling me about video he watched about Qi Gong, a sort of alternative healing eastern excersize form, that he got from Nut Flakes. During the conversation I'm thinking to myself, "wierd that they would put a CD like that in a cereal box, but hey, for a while they gave out yoga CDs at McDonalds." So at the end of our conversation, (always being curious about improving my health via cheap methods; i.e. nothing more than the cost of a box of cereal?) I asked him "so what kind of cereal was that; Nut Flakes?"

Ha ha ha, you already guessed it. He downloaded the DVD from Netflix!!!

Oooh, I've been laughing so hard I no longer need to investigate the healing powers of Qi Gong exercises. I've totally healed myself with the endorphins released in my body from laughing!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

That was good!!! I can picture doing that. I am always putting my foot in my mouth.

Mamacita Chilena said...

HAHAHA, that's a typical Rita moment :) Did he think it was funny too or did he stare at you like what is wrong with this woman?!?

Ritamae said...

He stared at me like "what's wrong with this woman" but then when I started cracking up he ended up laughing too but not as hard as I was.

Emily said...

Ohhh that's funny.

minshap said...

There actually is a cereal called Nut Flakes... it's made by Quaker Oats!!! oops... think it's called Nutri Flakes... oh well, that's pretty close!!! And it's also a good nutritious cereal! And sometimes you do get CDs in cereal boxes - like in Fitness!!! Laugh if you want, but I think it was an honest mistake!